We are so thankful for our health, family, associates and our clients. What is it that you are most thankful for?
These Thanksgiving Day fun facts that we discovered……. will keep the conversation going, and you may just teach your loved ones a thing or two about the national holiday. Here are interesting bits to share throughout the day:
1. Historians have no record of turkey being eaten at the first Thanksgiving.
2. Benjamin Franklin wished the turkey was the national bird.
3. The first Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade had Central Park Zoo animals.
4. Snoopy has made the most appearances in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
5. Sarah Josepha Hale was actually the “Mother of Thanksgiving.”
6. The first professional Thanksgiving Day football game was played 1920.
7. Thanksgiving was once celebrated on the third Thursday in November.
8. “Jingle Bells” was originally a Thanksgiving Day song.
9. Butterball has had a Turkey Talk-Line open for over 35 years.
10. Each year, there are about 46 million turkeys cooked.
11. The turkey’s tryptophan doesn’t actually make you tired.
12. Most Americans enjoy Thanksgiving leftovers more than the meal itself.
13. President George H. W. Bush was the first to pardon a turkey.
14. The Wednesday before Thanksgiving is known as “Drinksgiving.”
15. Black Friday, aka the day after Thanksgiving, is the busiest day for plumbers.